In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 552 sights

RDTRDT Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
I just got a new Remington 552 BDL and the sights are not very good. (Or maybe my eyes aren't very good) Either way, I need some better sights. Does anyone have any experiance with William's Fire sights or some kind like that? Are they worth the trouble? Also, I could not determine exactly what I needed for this gun from their (William's) website. Is this a drop in replacement or should gunsmith do it.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I had a 552 during the early 1970's and I also thought that the sights left a lot to be disired. I ended up mounting a Williams Receiver sight which simply clamped onto the existing scope rails on top of the receiver. The part number at that time was WGRS-54 and the sight cost about eight bucks. I have no idea if they are still available with that same part number, but the sight worked great. The rifle was also fun to shoot, but a real bear to disassemble and clean.

Mark T. Christian