In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TAURUS RAGING BULL

DuckDuck Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have another quick question. I have an opportunity to buy a Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull at what I consider a good price, except that I don't know much about the quality of this line of firearms. I know that the Raging Bull is available in most of the super huge pistol calibers available today, and that testosterone thing in me wants to buy a .454 Casull. Is it worth it at around $400.00?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking at one of these for a pig gun and wanted to know what people that own them think?

44mag or 454 Casull, 8inch.

How do they hold up?
    Accuracy?
    Recoil of a 454?
    Muzzle blast with the porting while hunting? How bad is it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi Guys, Have a chance to buy a Taurus Raging Bull in .480 Ruger at a pretty decent price. Has anyone out there used one of these(understand that the .480 is a pretty new round and may be in a different caliber)? What don't you like about it, and whats good about them. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know what years the Taurus Raging Bull in 480 Ruger was produced? Is it still being made?
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Hope you have a big hand because they have a pretty large frame. They also have a stupid orange stripe that runs down the middle of the handle strap which supposedly acts as a recoil buffer/absorber. The .480 is not the "monster" the .454 is, it is a compromise between a .44 and the .454 from a recoilists point of view.

"If your gonna be stupid, go find a democrat."