In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C M P How To?

queeksdrawqueeksdraw Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
One of the questions on M-1's brings a question to mind. What is the procedure for obtaining a Garand from the C M P and is there a cost involved? Heck if it is a matter of putting your name on a list and waiting 2 years I think I have the time. But some how I dont think it is that simple. Thanks for any advice in advance.

You'v gota kill it to grill it

Comments

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Check out www.odcmp.com then click on the link labeled "rifle sales" it gives all nessasary information on the website. I recieved my first from them 6 months ago. Lots of hoops to jump through, but worthwhile in my opinion. cost of rifles are from 375 and up. waiting period 90 days and up.

rich

A man with a gun is a CITIZEN, a man without a gun is a subject.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    If you are serving in the military or an honorably discharged vet, you don't need to go through the shoot. If you are not then you need to go through a CMP sanctioned high power shoot or provide evidence of marksmanship training. Also you need to have the paperwork notorized, belong to a sanctioned club, etc.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf