In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Non-FFL Exporting Pre Ban Hi Cap Mag overseas

QCQC Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
Need expertise:

Is it legal to ship a Pre Ban Hi Capacity Magazine overseas?

Thanks,

QC

Comments

• Options
    DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on the nation. Exporting is NOT the problem, but importation at the other end. Canada and England for example wouldn't let it in.
    Check with the country you are shipping to.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, exporting could be a problem too. Under the Arms Export Control Act of 1976, the president determines exactly what articles are on the list of prohibited items. I have no idea how to find out what items are currently on the list. However, the penalty for violating this law are so onerous ($1,000,000 fine, 10 years in prison) that no one who is not in the arms business would be stupid enough to risk getting involved in this area.

Neal
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The Arms Control Export Act which Neal mentions is regulated by the Department of State (NOT THE BATF). The list is very long and involved and takes in everything from aircraft carriers down to rifle scopes. It is subject to a great deal of interpitation: Military firearms parts and components need an export license. A magazine for an M16 or Beretta 92 will probably need to be licensed while a magazine for a Ruger 10-22 will not. You can contact the Department of State at 703-875-6644.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep it here anyhow, If you have ever been to some of the "flea markets' in Belgium you can get whatever there, If not let them pick up what they need at home..All I see going on overseas is the USA paying for the party with troops and equipment and everyone else busy hanging around waiting for something to happen. WE let the Russians "take" Berlin when WE made it safe enough that they could do so without getting wiped out...Patton was right

If I have offended you Sorry that you feel offended but not sorry for my opinion but I been there done that and am a bit tired of the USA paying the bill for the world community and "investing" in our enemies

If we are going get involved all the way in Iraq (or anywhere else) its got to be all the way, not another SE asia limited war where we are the ones limited Funny thing I havent trusted many politicians but Rumsfeld is one that I do..

Happy new Year to All
  • Options
    QCQC Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the insight everyone!

QC