In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt T-12

undersignedundersigned Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
Is anyone familiar with this tiny .12?

Comments

• Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a little about Colts, and am unfamiliar with the gun you mention. I assume you are referring to a miniture made by Uberti or one of the Russian firms. As far as I know, Colt has never sold any minitures. (By that, I exclude the cuff link and tie-tac likenesses, etc..) If not, please describe in more detail.
  • Options
    PythonPython Member Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    undersigned;
    I'm going to have to agree with judgecolt on this one. I am not aware of any miniture manufactured by Colt.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    My old boss had a number of miniture firearms and I am just drawing a blank about much of the information so I'll just pass along what I can find from a reference book. Some of these minitures were made by a Samuel Dosick of Rhode Island during the early thirties. There were also a few from an L.S. Chilson as well as a few English minitures that were in .12 caliber and could actually fire as the Barrels were proofed. Some of these guns were single shot and a few were revolvers and Colt's seemed to be a popular choice for downsizing, although none pictured seem to match your "T-12" and none were factory Colt offerings. There are a few books which mention these tiny guns but other than Firearms Curiosa I can't name any other titles.

Mark T. Christian