In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

duo Mauser?

Randy SmithRandy Smith Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
edited May 2005 in Ask the Experts
I just paid too much for an awfully nice Mauser 98 sporter in .30-06. It is marked d.u.o. on the top of the breech with a 41 below. Do any of you know what the duo moniker means?

Comments

• Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My reference book says that duo should be Burno, who as most would admit, made a very good M98 action.
  • Options
    Randy SmithRandy Smith Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cool! I like that. It is a nice rifle.
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure it doesn't read DOU? If so, I think that it would be the Brystica (sp?) arsenal. Either way, both good actions, and since yours is a '41, the machine work should be very nice too.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "When I was 14 I used to marvel at how ignorant my old man was...by the time I was 21 I was truelly amazed at how much the old bugger had learned in the intervening 7 years!" Samuel Clemens
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    98 Mauser <duo> [gestrichen siehe eqd].... on page 253 of der liste

I'm one of the very few people on the planet that has a Copy of the
    The Book of 'S' Codes and Secret Codes...all 800 Pages....Hope this helps you......

LISTE
    der
    Fertigunskennzeichen fur Waffen, Munition und Gerat
    Berlin 1944
    Gedruckt im Oberkommando des Heeres

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff<P><BR>