In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DOM's online?

tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
edited June 2005 in Ask the Experts
Always plenty of folks wanting to know "When was it made and what's it worth?". Worth is what you can get for it. Are there lists of manufacture dates online? Owning reference books for umpteen different makes isn't practical.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,955 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean I should not have bought all those books? No, I think that is wrong, if you want to know you get the resources. Anyway, here is one for you "practical" types: http://armscollectors.com/sn/marlinlookup.php
  • Options
    dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know Ruger list serial# by year of manufacture.
    If a person has a serious interest in a specific brand,such as S&W, the Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson is invaluable.
    As far as one site listing all manufacturers I would doubt it.
    I am sure others on here will possibly know of more sites if any.

Here is another http://gunshop.com/dgsnos5.htm
    Retired Air Force Msgt--NRA Life Member since 1971
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no aversion to books. Heck, I read more than anyone I know, but when the arms in question run the gamut from Armalite to Zastava, the web has got to be the answer. I have the hardcopys for my primary interests, but for those "one ofs", it's just not good economics to seek and buy the books. Also, I suspect that some of my oddball stuff will only be found on some enthusiast's website.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,955 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, Tapwater, I will buy a book if a bird flies by, guess I am a bibliophile of a different order. Likely you are right, unfortunately there are some for which you may never actually find records.
  • Options
    icdux1icdux1 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.proofhouse.com