In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR10 mag compatibliity

BallisticBallistic Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
edited June 2005 in Ask the Experts
Will the M1A mag fit and function in the AR10?
What other gun manufactured mags are compatible with the AR10?
Thanks, Mike

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    An M1a mag can be modified to work in the AR10. Off hand I don't know of any other mags that get retooled to fit it.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,353 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I agree with KJ. I have never seen a purpose built mag for an AR10. All I have seen have been modified M1A/M14 mags, at around $100.00.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    BallisticBallistic Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks men. I'll match up both tonight--I think that by modifying / duplicating the oblong hole from the M1A mag to the AR10 mag will work.
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    There are proprietary AR10 mags but the 20rd'ers were rare and expesive during the ban hence the use of modified M1A mags.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ballistic
    Thanks men. I'll match up both tonight--I think that by modifying / duplicating the oblong hole from the M1A mag to the AR10 mag will work.
    If you are referring to the new production Armalite AR-10's, it will work ... but without the correct follower (one that has a "pop-out" tang to activate the bolt stop) the bolt will slam into the back of the follower and eventually deform it.

FYI - from a ex-owner of a new production Armalite AR-10.
    GBLogo-170x60.gif
    Member Since 8/29/1999
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    wolfdog45wolfdog45 Member Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    quote:
    kimberkid is right.

Veritas vincit "Truth conquers"