In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1927A1 deluxe Whats it worth????

gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2005 in Ask the Experts
An Auto Ordnance West Hurley Thompson 1927A1 Deluxe with (1) 30 rd. stick magazine.
It was made in 1991

What is this worth? In 98%+ condition???

Thanks

"I did not get where I am today by worring about what I did last night"

Comments

• gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow I'm really surprised no one in the experts can answer this..

• boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    There is an auction site called "gunbroker.com". Go there and use the search option and type in Thompson 1927A1. Several will pop up.

You can also use the special search feature and see what they have sold for over the past 90 days.

Saw one sell at a show about two months ago for $750.

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I already know about "gunbroker.com" I was asking because there are NO west Hurley 1927A1's on there. Hence the question to the "EXPERTS" But thanks for the answer!

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $725.00

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=32638618

http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=32743122

Thought there were none out there....but does your include case and drum?

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

• CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the exact same one in the first auction but my west hurley drum only holds 39rds, when I called Kahr the guy offered to buy it from me.

PJ

quote:Originally posted by boeboe
    http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=32638618

http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=32743122

Thought there were none out there....but does your include case and drum?

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA PATRON-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • notdownoroutnotdownorout Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CHGOTH,

I too have the 39 round drum. When I asked the tech at Kahr she told me she had never seen a 39 round drum and that it must have been prior to Kahr buying the tooling. Does yours have West Hurley stamped on the drum?
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep on the west hurley and the tech I spoke with was a guy. He's the one that wanted to buy it, he told me to hang on to it unless I wanted to sell it to him. I guess it completes an original A.O. Thompson. Mine also has a low 4 digit serial number.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA PATRON-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 39 round drum (designated XL) was made by The West Hurley Incarnation of Auto Ordnance Company in the Late Seventies/Mid eighties . Not as desirable as the real thing (L ume =50 rounds, c drum = 100 rounds) as it only holds 9 more rounds than a stick mag and the XXX mag always works, same cant be said of the XL drum. Doesnt say alot for Kahr when they have no idea what the company they bought out produced and Auto Ord Co made no secret of the XL Drum's existence

I was getting $300 for them PRE BAN, dont think they are worth any more since the ban is gone..