In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger PC 9 GHOST RING SIGHTS? UPDATE!

RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
edited June 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a Ruger PC9 (9mm carbine) with standard sights. How complicated, if it is possible at all, would it be to switch out the standard for GHOST RING sights? I see from the Ruger schematic parts list that the GR sights are available for purchase. Does anyone here have an experience with such?

Any help will be appreciated.[:)]

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/PDF/20.pdf

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/PDF/E14.pdf (PARTS w/prices)

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the great input from ALL you EXPERTS--just kidding.[;)]

FYI: I finally called Ruger today and was told it had to be returned to the factory for installation of the GHOST RINGS. Cost would be ONE CRISP BENJAMIN. $88 for the GR and $12 shipping...and they'd return my original sights in case I wanted to change it back. Said I could UPS it to them directly and they'd return it the same way.

NO FFL action required either way. Does this sound right?
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Yes on the FFL , you are not selling it or doing a transfer , you are allowed to ship in for repairs and they can ship right back to your doorstep

by the way how do you like the rifle? I had one in 40 and always thought it was a dog
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the response. I like mine just fine. I haven't shot it near as much as I'd like to, but the same can be said for most of my guns of late. I bought it because I already had a P89 pistol and liked the fact that it would take the same magazines. I've actually found some 30 round mags for the carbine. It is NOT a highly-modifiable combat piece, for sure, but for general use, plinking--home defense should that need ever arise--it suits me fine. BTW, for no more than I use it, I'll likely FOREGO the ghost rings--at that price--at least for now. [^]
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Ram i would have too agree with you on the home defense , but i was shooting mine(40s&w) out to about 100 yards just for the heck of it and it sure droped off alot , maybe the 40 being heavier and slower than a 9mm was the problem

now if Ruger would just make the Deerfield with at least a 10 round mag it would go great with a redhawk or SBH as a truck gun [^][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gskyhawk
    Ram i would have too agree with you on the home defense , but i was shooting mine(40s&w) out to about 100 yards just for the heck of it and it sure droped off alot , maybe the 40 being heavier and slower than a 9mm was the problem

now if Ruger would just make the Deerfield with at least a 10 round mag it would go great with a redhawk or SBH as a truck gun [^][^]

Yep!thumbsup.gif