In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Model 12 firing pin

MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2005 in Ask the Experts
I took apart a customers old Remington model 12 pump rifle in 22 S,L,LR. The firing pin was broken. It looked like a smaller AR-15 style pin. I ordered a new one from Numrich, and they sent me a square looking firing pin. Were their two different model 12's or maybe 2 different firing pin types. Does anyone have any ideas that could help me?
Thanks

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
Mooseyard Precision
LE Supply & Firearms
NRA Certified Instructor
Shawano, WI 54166

Comments

• Options
    260260 Member Posts: 1,134
    edited November -1
    i assume that the old pin had the half moon knotch in it. the new style doesn't but will work fine. just leave out the pin that went through the bolt where the curved knotch was in the old firing pin. reinstall the other pin and spring as usual
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The firing pins are totally different and won't interchange. All of the bolts that I have found pictures of are different than the one I took out of this rifle. I'm wondering if someone didn't change bolts somewhere along the line? Would another models bolt work in this gun?

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think the problem is solved. The model 121 has a round firing pin, and is interchangable with the model 12. At some point someone put a model 121 bolt in a model 12 gun.

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • Options
    pactpact Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just for info. The very late model 12's used a round firing pin like the 121. The bolts will not interchange with 121's.