In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7.62X54R Domestic pre-WWII Boxes of Ammo

333_OKH333_OKH Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited June 2005 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have pictures of pre-WWII boxes of ammunition produced by one of the American Companies in 7.62 X 54R? I would prefer to see one from the Remington lots made for the tzar in and around 1916. I have several cartridges from this run by Remington, but I want to acquire boxes for a very special 1895 Winchester special order carbine I have in this caliber. They really need to be from around the time the US sent the American North Russian Expeditionary Force [September 1918]to Archangel, Russia.

Thanks! 333

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am sure someone has seen or handled this ammo in the past? I am looking for more to go on in my searches.

• Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try the evil website and this website as well. My guess would be original boxes of this ammunition (or photos) are not very obtainable and are rare to encounter.

Go to either websites' "Search" feature and enter your keywords (7.62x54R ammunition boxes?) and select all auctions open or closed within the longest timeframe. See if you get any "hits". If there are no current auctions, set up a "recon" or search query that will notify you if any become available for auction on either website.

I also have several individual pieces of 7.62x54R ammunition (from American manufacturers) in my collection that meet your criteria, but not complete boxes.

This is the best advice I can offer.

Regards,

Heavyiron

bullitt_county_4199_small.jpg
    "If I don't see you nomore on this world, I'll meet you on the next one, and don't be late!" - Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Many thanks in all regards to your help on these threads!

Dan
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    You might try the Remington Society of America - "An organization dedicated to the collection and study of Remington firearms, ammunition and history":

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Contact ICONOCLAST...the Moderator of the WANTED FORUMS......He's our resident Authority on Cartridges.....If He don't have the answer for you, at least He knows where to find the answer.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have discussed with him about the single rounds of ammunition I currently have. he was very informative. I am hoping to find more out to complete the display.