In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WWII Mauser

Lucky007Lucky007 Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
Had an 8mm Mauser. the date on it was 1937. There was a tiny like clamshell insignia stamped on the barrel near the action. what is that?

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine is looking for a good condition WWII 8mm Mauser that has not been arsenal refinished or re-done to some degree as the Russian capture models are that are currently selling on Gunbroker. Does anyone have any advice as to what distributor he should go to that would have the best variety for him to choose from?

Thanks....
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    None of the original condition K98 mausers are being imported anymore. You either have to keep looking through the auctions sites, or hit every gunshop in the phone book.
  • Options
    drsckdrsck Member Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Ditto what Wehr... said. However, based on the assumption revealed in your question that it's just a matter of finding a "distributor" to purchase as "good condition WWII 8mm Mauser that has not been arsenal refinished or redone..." something more in the way of a reality check is in order. Is your "friend" prepared to lay out $400-$800?????????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well if he is not intent on getting a German Mauser, there are always the WW2 Czech VZ24 Mausers that the Germans used.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,370 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Empire Arms is a very reputable arms dealer which specializes in older European military guns.
    Go to Empirearms.com and scroll down on the left side until you come to "Want List."

How our WANT-LIST service works:

If there is a firearm you have long been searching for, EMPIRE ARMS may be able to locate it for you as we have for literally thousands of customers over the past 10+ years. In fact, around 40% of the new items we acquire never make it to our "new stuff" pages or web-offerings as they are offered (and quickly sold) to folks who have submitted want-lists to us by using this service.

THIS IS FOR FIREARMS ONLY, we will not look for parts, only complete firearms

What we need for you to do is send simply fill out the form below, and click on the SUBMIT button.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Since his question appears to be answered, perhaps it is OK to hi-jack the thread w/a question.
    I've got an import marked 43,BCD that I believe is a Russian capture. Mis-match bolt but otherwise macthing. Markings on top of receiver lightly peened,but still very visible. Gave $100. for it about 10 years ago. Added an original cleaning rod and sling.
    What might it be worth today?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks very much for the replies. I'll pass the info onto my co-worker. I believe he would be interested in the Czech Mausers; His price range is around $400. Again, thanks much for the info...
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lucky007
    Thanks very much for the replies. I'll pass the info onto my co-worker. I believe he would be interested in the Czech Mausers; His price range is around $400. Again, thanks much for the info...

One more thought. This is a great general forum. But when looking for info on Milsurps, go where the collectors are.
    Gunboards.com is IMO the best place for Milsurp info. My question which still has not been answered here, was answered there in less than 1/2 hour. And they have trader forum where the collectors buy/sell. IMO a great place to start looking.
  • Options
    OleDukOleDuk Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Wehrmacht, do you know of any interest in 1922 VZ's?

Thanks

OleDuk[:)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I actually have a 98/22 Czech mauser. Depending where it has been, or sent, they can be worth some cash.

Mine has a Frasi numbered rear sight on it.