In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sheridan Blue Streak Air Rifle

momo35momo35 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
Can anybody tell me where I can get parts and instructions to rebuild my Sheridan air rifle?

Comments

• Options
    momo35momo35 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I bought my Sheridan many years ago, I didn't need a scope. Now I do, but I can't find one for this air rifle. Any ideas?
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Momo,
    Welcome to the forum!
    My dad bought me a Blue Streak in the late '50's. I still have it, still shoot it. Still love it.
    At one time Sheridan sold a scope mount for the Blue and Silver Streaks. It had two separate sides that were joined by 1 or 2 lateral screws. The bottom was contoured to fit around the air chamber and the top formed a groove like the popular small scopes of the day used to mount on .22's. The problem I always had with it was that I'd fit it over the air chamber and tighten the screw(s), but then when I attempted to tighten the scope rings on the top part that would loosen the hold that the bottom half had on the air chamber. Maybe I just never played with it enough to get the right balance of pressure on the top on the bottom. If you're interested I still have it around somewhere and would happy to dig it up for you.
    Rob
    p.s. I also learned early on that there are some excellent pellets available (I used to get mine from Beeman's) that improved the accuracy over the solid Sheridan pellets which (at least in the past) were prone to uneven dimensions, especially in the skirt area. Not good for accuracy. My email address is in the profile if you want to write and "talk Sheridans".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    p.s.
    As far as the actual scope, the mount you end up with, and objective size, will dictate what can work. In general though, any scope that has satisfactory optics will do. Spring powered air rifles have special needs and many good scopes will be shaken apart by the "forward recoil".
    This isn't a concern with either the CO2 or pump Sheridans as neither produce any recoil worth mentionning.
  • Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    momo let me know how you make out. I have blue streak and an old weaver B4 I'd like to put together
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Further detail after looking at the mount itself rather than digging through my sometimes faulty memory. Mount was called the Intermount, made in USA by Sheridan. 2 screws actually allow the 2 sides of the mount toclamp onto the barrel with the lower portion contoured to sit astride the air chamber. No modification to stock required. (or rifle, for that matter)