In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

my trap gun

wthunter500wthunter500 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a browning Citori and I was wondering if i should get the barrel sent off to get chockes put in it bc i dont really want to but new barrels for it to shoot tarp and skeet both bc i shoot on the trap and skeet team for ut martin and i was just wanting some inut on it

Comments

• Options
    Lucky007Lucky007 Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to put interchangable chokes in your gun, get in touch with Briley Inc.....they specialize in this type of work and have installed chokes in several of my shotguns. Once the threads are installed in the muzzle of your shotgun, you can have both skeet and trap specific choke tubes for use in the same gun.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    +1 on Briley contact. You will need to have the OD and ID of each barrel.

They can do a thin wall if your barrels are to thin for normal threads, but the thin wall is for target loads only. I had an old Winchester 101 done with thin wall and have never had a problem (20-30K rds), but I reload very light.

If threads are regular style it will be just as good as the factory.

Be sure you ask about a package deal. And another contact if you don't like Briley is Carlson (I know they offer a package).

Best of luck
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know lots of guys that have had the interchangable choke systems installed, and the people over at Briley are among the best to do it if that is the way you choose to go.

That said, for the cost of doing both barrels, I would get another gun...forsay an 1100, with a ported and bckbored barrel. Or a Winchester Select Energy Sporting or Trap with the 30 " tubes. They are already ported and back bored. I have the trap version with the adjustable comb, and it is really mild on the shoulder.

Best