In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 1862

guns.comguns.com Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
I was wondering if anybody knows if the model 1862 had the model stamp on it? I have looked online but haven't come across any pictures showing it. I have seen one witht he model stamp on it, but am wondering if it is not a real one.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    I'm gonna suggest that You contact <Bert H.> on the Ask the Experts Forums....He will most likly be able to help You with your Questions.
    Bert is Our Resident Expert and Authority on Winchester......Best....
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps it would be best, if you could double check the Model number?
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There wasn't a Winchester Repeating Arms Co till 1866. The 1866 rifle. was the first Winchester rifle.
    Prior to that, Oliver Winchester produced a Henry rifle under the name of New Haven Arms soon after October 1860. The Henry went out of production in 1866 and model 1866 Winchester production began in 1867.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't reckon he means a Model 62 pump, do you?
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As others have stated, Winchester did not manufacture a Model "1862". In order to help you, please answer the following questions;

1. Action type (e.g. lever-action, slide-action, or single-shot)?
    2. Caliber?
    3. Serial number?