In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help with rifle scope

HLOUIE2HLOUIE2 Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
What is a Leupold Var-X II 2x7x33. It is in really good condition but should it ad much value to a used Winchester 70. Hlouie

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is in stellar shape and it is used it should add about $150.00-175.00 to the price of the gun.

Best
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends upon the buyer. If it were on a rifle I were looking at, I would likely see it as a liability, because I would have to pay for it, then replace it and try to recoup my money. I would rather buy a rifle sans scope, since few would have the scope I wanted.

tsr is about right on the value, one a good day.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't give a VXII much more than $100 value, in perfect shape. MHO
  • Options
    swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC

He said Vari-X II, not VX-II. There is a huge difference as you well know.

Although I do agree with your value of the VX-II.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swearengine
    quote:Originally posted by JustC

He said Vari-X II, not VX-II. There is a huge difference as you well know.

Although I do agree with your value of the VX-II.

sorry for mis-use of the model numbers.[:I] I will however agree that we agree on the value[8D] I have a vari-x II and have looked through VXII's, and will attest to the fact that I feel both are/were overpriced.

If you MUST have a leupold, then vari-x III or VX III is the only place to start, and I prefer a MK IV.[:D]
  • Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Folks I know in the business of buying estate rifle collections give just about nothing for scopes, and often the rifles also. Then the remove the scopes and sell them on the side, gunshows or ebay. Depending on to who and how you are selling the rifle will go a long way towards a decision as to include it or not. If you were selling to a friend who will trade fair with you then include it. If it is to a shop or auction then remove it and sell it seperately. Buy itself you should be able to get $125/150 for it easilys thru an online auction.