In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

sig / colt rifle

joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
edited July 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am looking at a sig shr 970 or a colt light rifle. Does anyone here have any experence with either one of these rifles and what has that experence been. Thank you, Joe

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The SIG rifles are fantastic; I have one in .280 and it's fit and finish are worthy of anything carrying the SIG name. For some reason these rifles were never very popular over here in the States but in Europe sales did quite well. Several years ago when the Dollar began to become worthless these rifles became too pricey to import so you don't see them very often, but they are well worth owning
    [img][/img]0sig280.jpg
    [img][/img]0sig2802.jpg
    [img][/img]0sig2803.jpg
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to hijack thread but ...is there anything you don't have Mark? [:I]Darn good rifle there!! SINCERELY. nambu
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    joes,

I would consider the SIG anytime but I would definitely run away from the Colt Light Rifle. It was a design/manufacturing cluster flop.

The original design by Mel Forbes, Ultralight Arms, was and is again a true piece of craftsmanship. Colt bought the design from the original gunsmith intending on manufacturing a top-of-the-line, light rifle for the general public. The mistake was to let their own designers/engineers get a hold of it and then bring in SACO Defence as a manufacturer to help even more. The end result was a poorly designed, poorly manufactured piece of junk. It was a total failure and as a result (fortunately) reverted back to the original owner. He, by the way, has stood behind many of the failures at his own expense in order to maintain his reputation and that of the New Ultralight Arms rifles.

http://www.newultralight.com/

Best.
  • joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you guys, I bought the sig ( for a steal! including a 3x9 redfield and free shipping). You guys were the reason I picked that one ( and got yelled at by the spouse- she'll get over it), thanks again for the great advise, Joe.