In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Magma caster ID and maybe lube sizer ID

JeepflexinJeepflexin Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
edited July 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hi guys, thanks for the advice so far, I have a bunch of pics which i set up in a gallery to ease viewing.

Galley with suspected lube sizer machines:

http://img30.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=lubesizer9.jpg

One of these seems to be a parts machine.

Gallery with Magma bullet caster

http://img33.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=magma11.jpg

The bullet caster seems like it would be operational, I only left it on for a few hours but it did get up to 400F before I shut it down due to having to leave. I also have a bunch of molds for this that I have not yet sorted.

Any thoughts on what I have model wise and guesstimates on value is apreciated.

Thanks dcs shooters, they will ultimately be for sale and the gentleman you are referring has already contacted me, I sent him pictures individually. I am hoping to figure out what I have so I can price it fair to me and a potential buyer.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    If they are for sale, there is someone in the wanted forum looking for one.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I think the luber is a one off made in house and for very high production . it MAY have some STAR luber parts but if so they are only part of this what looks to be automated luber . . The trouble I see is it would be really hard to set up & trouble shoot if you were not the one that designed & built it . If you put up for auction please come back to this post and let us know.I might bid on it and if I get it I might retire again and go into the Bullet Business. Thanks PERRY SHOOTER
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Hello I think the luber is a one off made in house and for very high production . it MAY have some STAR luber parts but if so they are only part of this what looks to be automated luber . . The trouble I see is it would be really hard to set up & trouble shoot if you were not the one that designed & built it . If you put up for auction please come back to this post and let us know.I might bid on it and if I get it I might retire again and go into the Bullet Business. Thanks PERRY SHOOTER

Thanks for the info Perry, any clue on what this stuff might be worth?
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Fixing a price would be very hard because the person bidding would have a BIG shipping bill to face. Along with the fact that we don't know if the Equipment is working or not. I wish I lived near you I would come see if I could get everything running. The fact that it did heat up but I suspect there is a thermostat or a heating element out because it should come up to operating TEMP in 30 minutesIt has to get lead hot enough to melt but with the production rate it has to melt lead from room temp to molding temp at a rate of most likely 100 pounds per hour. When it is running. IT is one of those item that is on a number of peoples WISH LIST but then when you get it it would have to be used a lot to make it worth while. JUST MY THOUGHT. Sorry not much help am I?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice, as requested here is a link to the auction:

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=133027802
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To any interested I listed the lube sizers together here:

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=133103010

Thanks agian.