In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

kolb?

robert smithrobert smith Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
edited July 2009 in Ask the Experts
i just aquired a small .22 revolver with`a folding trigger. it is marked on top pat feb.2.92-feb.4.96 baby hammerless new model.
grips are black plastic with a K in a circle on the top. is this one of the revolvers made by kolb?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOOGLE, "kolb baby hammerless". Your question(s) will be answered. Lot's of old photos, and articles. History of the revolver, etc.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep- sounds like a Kolb Baby Hammerless from the city of brotherly love. Same gun (pretty much) was made by Columbia, Kolb, and Sedgely at different times. Much to my surprise, there are actually several variations of these, including a top break (New Baby Hammerless) a .32 cal version, and a blued version. The .22s were known as the smallest production double action revolver made. Have 3 of them- they are about as accurate as throwing a rock- but cute!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info. i have never seen one of these before. the gun functions well and i fired a few .22 CB shorts in it to check and see if it worked. seems like a pretty well made gun.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've fixed and fired a half dozen of this and the 1910 model.
    If the cylinder and chambers are unpitted, you can use standard velocity shorts.
    There's a groove in front of the frame that seems to be made for the first finger while the second finger works the trigger. DONT DO IT.
    Don't have any part of your hand or body in front of the cylinder as these guns spit lead out of the barrel-cylinder gap, even with perfect timing. I got a sizable piece in the first joint of my first finger to fish out.
    Plinking in a gravel pit where you can spot hits an misses can be fun. Once you work out the Kentucky windage you'd be surprised what you can hit.
  • Options
    gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello V35
    I have a couple (Different Variayions)Baby Hammerless which need parts.
    Do you have any parts left? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no parts for this. it was working when i got it.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a few parts but no mainsprings.
    Email me at 1flybob@comcast.net