In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

old s@w .22

xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
edited January 2010 in Ask the Experts
smith@wesson springfield,mass.pat april 55 july 59 on barrel,6 digit serial number on bottom of grips...website i can research this piece?s_w_0012.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by xxx97
    smith@wesson springfield,mass.pat april 55 july 59 on barrel,6 digit serial number on bottom of grips...website i can research this piece?s_w_0012.jpg
    s_w_0021.jpg
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a #1, 3rd Issue. They made over 130,000 between 1868 & 1881. Because they made so many of them, only way they would be a big buck collectors item is if you had one NIB. Can't tell from your photos if yours has original finish, functional, bore and cylinder condition etc? If everything checks out, maybe in the $200-$400 range?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    cussedemguncussedemgun Member Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. 97,

By the very limited info. you give, I am guessing you would rather research you gun yourself, thus the request for a web site with info. posted.

Bad news, I do not know of such info. posted on the web.

Good news, you can buy the book. Go to www.bookfinder.com/ & enter
    "Jim Supica & Richard Nahas" for author - "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, 3rd edition" for title.

You used the @ (at) symbol twice instead of & (and) both in initials & the full name Smith & Wesson. If this is the symbol on your gun, that could be an indication of a fake or clone. Many fakes & forgeries of early S&W's were marketed.

Jim