In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

If I had to sell 3 Parker shotguns - value?

Andrew hallAndrew hall Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Ask the Experts
For several reasons, the unthinkable may need to be done. Three family guns. Are they more valuable as a set or individually? What are the approximate values? NOT FOR SALE NOW, JUST PREPARING FOR THE WORST.

1. Parker #156527, (1911), GHE hammerless, 20 guage. Special steel barrels, full chokes, Parker letter. Pristine.
IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2390.jpg
2. Parker #83376 (1896) GH hammerless, 12 guage, Damascus steel barrels. Parker letter. Excellent.
Dunnguns1018.jpg
Dunnguns1006.jpg
3. Parker ##110131, V Grade, Vulcan steel, 20 gauge. No letter. Period rubber buttplate added. Excellent.
Dunnguns1036.jpg
Dunnguns1028.jpg
All Three
Dunnguns1054.jpg
Dunnguns1057.jpg

If you are a Parker person, please PM your comments, estimates, etc... I am waiting for administrator approval to get on the Parker Gun Collectors web site.

Yes, it a lousy feeling. I'd rather give my arm.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't remember who our Parker expert is here (I know it is not me) but the 20 gauge guns are going to be more desirable than the lone 12 gauge. In the case of the two GH grade guns, the 20 is probably worth 40% more than the 12. Because of this I would hesitate to sell them as a three gun set set. Hopefully we can get a few of our shotgun aficionados active here and help you out, but it is late on the boards right now and most of the gang is sleeping.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I am a Winchester 21 collector and I feel your pain. If I had to sell I would start with the ones that would be easiest to replace. I would not sell them as a set as they are not a set, and would only reduce what you would get individually. I would hold on to the 20ga as long as you can, as Mark said it is the most valuable. I have not checked the value of Parkers lately but I would guess the 20 ga. GHE in original condition with letter would fetch at $2500ish in this down market (you should check past auctions to be sure). Its overall condition will be the determining factor.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=152153603

The other 2o will be easier to replace , but you will also realize much less money when you sell. The 12 ga. might fetch $800ish on a good day. Thats my .02 cents, and I have not kept up with Parker auctions. Good luck.

(reply changed after realizing there were 2 20 ga's)
  • 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Andrew,

I am no expert on Parkers but have collected, traded and fired
    them for over forty years.
    In terms of value-the GHE is your most expensive gun.
    The Vulcan would be second-despite the added pad.
    Parkers are only valuable in high original condition.
    One must consider the percentage of case colors on the receiver,
    tight lock up, bore condition, chokes, barrel length, blue on
    trigger guard, screw slots, original wood finish, etc.
    You have some very nice guns and I truly hope you do not need to
    sell them.
    It is difficult at best to determine a value w/o an auction.
    Best and good luck.