In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rifle value

ibwonderfulibwonderful Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Ask the Experts
What is the value of a Remington M540x target 22 long rifle in excellent condition no modifications with target sights made in 1969 and discontinued in 1973 approximately 6,375 total production.

Comments

• ibwonderfulibwonderful Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am trying to find out what i would have to pay for a winchester classic model 70 325wsm stainless with a wood stock? anybody know?
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington M514 which was bought around 1959. Its in good shape for its age. What something like this go for?

Thanks
    edited November -1
    I have a carcano 6.5 in good condition , JFK's least favorite rifle, and am curious what a ballpark value would be? thanks
    edited November -1
    How would I go about finding out when my Remington Model 788 .222 was manufactured? Can I contact the manufacturer and simply give them the serial #?

Also, I have heard that the .222 will shoot .223 rounds safely. Is this true? I know the .223 clip works, but not sure about the ammo...

Thanks very much

IB
    edited November -1
    Can anyone quote me ballpark value for the following:

Browning A-Bolt, maybe A-Bolt II,25-06 Rem, stainless/synthetic, Ser # 101xxNW361, w/Nikon Bushmaster 4.5-14 Scope and hard heavy plastic case. All in Mint except case which is Excellent.

Thanks
    edited November -1
    I have a Weatherby Mark V in 7mm Wby mag, made in Japan, matte blue, 26 inch barrel, and sitting in an HS Precision synthethic stock (tan with black webbing and alum bedding block). It has a few scratches on the bolt knob and a slight mark on the forearm at the sling stud from using a bipod. The rifling is in great shape, with no rust. It is very accurate and has a very crisp trigger.

What is the proper price to list in an auction here?
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine is tring to sell me some guns and I would like to know of their value.
    1st Weatherby 270 mag Mark IV/W/Weatherby 3x9 Scope S/N 10903
    of 30,000 made.

2nd is a Winchester 30-30 with hexagon barrel
    it is a Canadian 100 year Centenial with gold inlay
    purchased in the 1970's

SuperDave

???
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO YOU CAN NOT SHOOT A .223 in a .222. The 222 is a smaller cartridge 1.700 case length, the 223 will not fit. Only use the caliber of ammo that is specified on the gun.
    edited November -1
    thanks very much.....I had my doubts about the validity of the "you can shoot the other ammo in this gun" claim....

much appreciated...I am new to this site and am very appreciative of everyone's help...

thanks again

IB
  • HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ibwonderful---As far as the DOM, there should be a date code on the left side of the Bbl, just in front of the receiver. It will be 1 or 2 capital letters A-B-C----X-W, or 2 letters AB, XZ, etc. If you post those letters here, someone will look it up for you. Secondly, NO the .222 will not even chamber a .223 round. Although they are the same caliber, and head size, the .223 is longer, and will not chamber. Don't even try. HAWKSHAW
    edited November -1
    Hi Hackshaw

I found the info and did locate a page on the Remington site that says it was manufactured in either June 1927 or June 1971....I am going with 1971!!

The code was PU though if anyone wants to check it...

Thanks again

IB
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is what my book lists.