In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Simmons Gun Specialties KC,MO.

53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
DIL had a Belgium Browning o/u skeet or trap gun receiver with 4 separate bbls .410, .28, .20,.12 gua. the bbls have Simmons Gun Specialties stamped on the vented rib/rail. I pulled up the company and it just shows a location in KC, MO. but no other info.
Did this outfit do specialty work on these bbls, or were they merely a sales outlet?
Reason I'm asking is, the bbls don't seem to be completely finished. As in the rails are not completely attached (last attachment weld, at end of bbl, isn't welded, on the 28 gua tube) Don't know if is supposed to be?. Do they build bbls? What's the deal? Any info may be helpful as I want to see this work completed.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simmons has been around since the beginning of time. They've put thousands of ribs on shotguns. If your talking about the barrel hanger at the end of an over/under barrel, it is supposed to be free-floating on the lower barrel. I can't tell you much about them these days, but in the last half century they were THE place to have shotgun ribs installed and fixed.
  • Options
    53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    Thanks XX.

I'm saying the rib isn't attached to the bbl at the top anywhere in the last 4". (at business end of bbl) I appreciate the info on getting ribs attached and fixed. I wonder who is the best at this these days, if not these folks? I could use that info.
  • Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    53hawkeye
    "I wonder who is the best at this these days, if not these folks? I could use that info."

These days I'd be hard pressed to answer that question. There must be others but I don't know who they are. Some of the others that post here should have an answer for you. I could only tell you where NOT to send your Bbl.
    Google "Simmons Gun Specialties" and see what comes up. You might just have your answer.
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    probably broken loose from use or abuse, should be just soft soldered unless the rib is aluminum.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    kshockkshock Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simmons Gun Specialties is now part of Jerry's Sport Center and I think they still go by the name Simmons Gun Specialties. I don't think they do gunsmithing work anymore as they are now a distributor. If I remember correctly, the gunsmithing portion split off and I think they were going by the name "The Gun Shop" based out of Olathe, Kansas. I am not sure they are still in business but I can check around and I'll let you know if I find them.

UPDATE>>>>>
    They are still in business. Now called Simmons Gun Repair & Sales, Inc. 700 Rogers Road. Olathe, Ks. (913)782-3131. They have a website at www.simmonsguns.com. Hope this helps.