In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walther P-38

colonabillcolonabill Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have a Walther P-38 "Zero" series, (1st production variation / serial number in the 1200's) I believe this pistol to be one of the very earliest test pistols manufactured in the series and I judge the finish to be about 75% TO 80% The weapon is fully functional / the mag and pistol are stamped identifyiing the pistol as Walther Waffenfabrik manufactured. All of the small parts that I can see are stamped "Eagle over 359". Can anyone out there help me to determine an approximate value of the pistol?

Comments

• colonabillcolonabill Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am looking to find a replacement grip for my AC 41 Walther P-38. The grip on it is not an original and i would like to find an original AC 41 Grip. Does anyone know where i might find one?
    edited November -1
    This weapon is a bring-back" and has been in a drawer since 1945. It is serial #62xx and is like new-all numbers match. My question; this ac/43 is chromed with absolutely no flaking. Is it possible this chrome finish is original ?
    edited November -1
    I have an elderly friend that wants to sell a Walther P-38 with the original flap holster. It has the eagle stamp and 359 on all parts. It also has a serial number 1369 and what I'm guessing as a model number Ac41. Any info/value/ would be appreciated. One box of shells have been fired in it in the last 40 years.Thanks, Mark
    edited November -1
    When I was in the army in Germany,my CO wanted to sell me his P-38, but I could not get approval from Battalion Hqtrs. The BC said it was a dangerous weapon in that the sear was unreliable and the pistol could go full automatic. That same thing did happen to a friend and me while shooting his P-38, it went full auto and emptied the clip scaring the hell out of us. As he recalls now he says the gun had a lever which allowed it to go full auto, I disagree. I say the sear failed. Does the P-38 have a full auto selector?
    edited November -1
    I have one of these that was probably mfg. in the 60's, 9mm (ser.# 323---. The Serrated "pull back" striations on the one side of the slide are not perfect. Came this way bran new. Is this a detriment or might it make it more valuable??
    edited November -1
    I've recently been offered a supposedly unissued WW2, matching serial number Walther p-38, but I'm not sure of the price they want. No picture available, What might this item be worth ?
    edited November -1
    Hey guys my friend stumbled upon his dad's old Walther P-38, and we were kinda curious about it's history and it's possible value, the serial # is 3709a byf44. Any info would be greatly apperciated.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    colonabill....welcome to the GB Forum and thanks for your question. From what you tell us it sounds like you have a rare bird in your hands which could be quite valuable. The serial number puts it in the range of the second batch run (SubVariation 2) but condition is in the eye of the beholder so we would need photos to really pin down value. But, suffice to say, it is worth a lot. Get us the photos so we can help you further.
    edited November -1
    Mr Wray

Evidently my computer skills are not up to the task of attaching photos to my GunBroker communications / I've tried everything I know to do without success. If you have an email available for me to use to contact you please forward it and I will be happy to send as many pics of my pistol as you feel you might need.

Thank You,

Bill
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Bill......my email is listed on my profile. I will be out of country for a week and back next Sat. Feel free to contact me after that and I will help you.
  • badsbsnf81badsbsnf81 Member Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Someone over at P38forum.com should be able to help.