In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win 1873 22 cal question

woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
I'm going to be looking at a couple of these in a few days and wonder if they can still be shooters with modern 22 shorts.

Comments

• Options
    zoritozorito Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had one for several yrs & fired modern 22 shorts with no problem. these were made on the same frame & action as the big bores so no problem. mine did not feed well ? magazine spring weak maybe. these are quite collectable even in fair to good shape. have fun a little shooting will not hurt them. Z
  • Options
    agostinoagostino Member Posts: 414 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Elevator problems seem common in them from my experience. If you plan to shoot one, make sure it feeds properly. The repair can be cheap or costly.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no problem what-so-ever with shooting modern 22 Short ammo in an original Model 1873 markerd and chambered for it. As the other fellows have pointed out, you may experience feeding problems as a result of the rifle's age.