In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W 22.cal revolver Value

RettrooperRettrooper Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a 22 cal S&W 6inch barrel revolver. It is a K fram but mo model number on it. It is in very good shape. The revolver has no rust, no scatches, 90+ % blue. Any Ball park figure on value?

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you give a serial # so the approximate year can be found? Does it have adjustable sights and original grips? The basic info sounds like a Model 17 and values can vary quite a bit. Any chance there's a model number on the frame inside the cylinder yoke?
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    It sounds like a pre 1957 K 22 Masterpiece, S&W didn't put model # on thier guns until 1957, the serial # will tell the tale. IMHO they are the finest double action 22 revolver that was ever produced.
    For what it's worth.
    W.D.
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My buddy just bought a K-22 Masterpiece (pre-model 17), original stocks, slight turn line on cylinder with bluing in really nice shape for $500.00. I thought it was a bit high, but he was very pleased.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Robin
    My buddy just bought a K-22 Masterpiece (pre-model 17), original stocks, slight turn line on cylinder with bluing in really nice shape for $500.00. I thought it was a bit high, but he was very pleased.

For one in excellent shape, that's actually not a bad price at all.

Like new ones in box can go for upwards of $800.

For a K-22 in 90% shape, you're going to figure probably $450 or maybe more.