In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

big bellied men wearing Thunder Wear

ni haoni hao Member Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a big belly, I am considering trying the ThunderWear holster for my 4" XD45. Sometimes when I am sitting down, my belt buckle will cut into my belly. Not comfortable at all. Will the pistol also cut into my belly when I am sitting? Need to hear from you big bellied men out there that have tried this product and did this happen to you? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Do you really want a firearm pointing at the family jewels [:0][:0][V][V]
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thunderwear is just about as useless as an ankle holster.
    At least with the ankle rig you can get to your gun while sitting!
  • Options
    Lucky007Lucky007 Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have worn/used Thunderwear holsters consistently for almost 15 years with a variety of handguns and I have found them to be a safe and comfortable means for concealing your handgun. I know of numerous other concealed weapons permit holders who use Thunderwear with great success. Ankle holsters are extremely inefficient and are almost exclusively worn and used by those who are unaware of the better holster options available.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Am I the only big bellied man here or have none of you big bellied men tried the Thunderwear Holster? Thanks. [:)]
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,663 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Big guy here but theres no way I'm hiding my Taurus CIA in my crotch. So far I've carried it in a Blackhawk Speed Classic on my hip and it hides pretty well. I would try that shirt holster that Kramer Leather has--it's similar to a tank top with a holster sewn into the side.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,836 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tried one on....no way I am carrying a gun there....I did not find it comfortable when I sat down.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    I like the leather vest w/inside gun pocket sold by the NRA. But I admit it's not suitable fashion for all occasions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guys, thanks to all of you for your help.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ni hao
    Will the pistol also cut into my belly when I am sitting?

I think that is going to depend on you.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These holsters are like adjustable jock straps. They can be adjusted loose enough not to bite in and are well padded with a number of material thicknesses.
    After seeing a demo where two 1911s were pulled out, I was sold.
    Mine is the medium size that takes a G19 or smaller, Chief or any Keltec.
    It's not the quickest to get to but it's comfortable.
    It may be a little on the warm side for hot climates.