In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin 917 bolt action screw removal question

MillerMiller Member Posts: 175 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
Ok, I removed what I think is called "the Striker Retaining Screw" on my Marlin 917VS. It's a screw that goes into the bolt action. Now my problem isn't getting the screw back in really. It's getting the screw back in to the bolt then lining it up so the bolt will go back into the stock and barrel. If anyone has dealt with this they probably will understand. Yes, I really wish I hadn't removed it. I'm hoping it's an easy fix but worried it may not be. Is there any trick to this?

Comments

• Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ===
    Yep, it's kinda like the guy who was born with a gold screw in his navel. All his life he wondered why it was there. No one could tell him. All through school his friends and enemies alike harrassed him about it. Finally, when his girl left him because of it, he became very agitated, went and got a screwdriver and removed the gold screw. It didn't hurt or anything, but about two minutes later his * fell off. So, let that be a lesson to you.