In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

replacing Taurus millenium frame pin

fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
One of the pins is broken and half of it has fallen out. The nice folks Taurus can't make up their mind whether or not it is under warranty because I am not the original owner. Just found their policy online and talked to a rep who assured me that I am covered, but I still figure if I can replace it, it will cost less than the shipping charge to send it back to them even if it was under warranty.

It looks like I should be able to knock it out with a punch and drive in a new one. Any body know if it is more complicated than this?

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    My experiences with Taurus is that the lifetime warranty is good on your gun regardless of whether or not you are the orginally purchaser.

I might also add that I had once planned on buying a Taurus Millenium until I did a Google search and learn that the problem you have is common with that model. Better get an extra pin and each time you clean the gun, check for excessive wear on that pin (or related parts).

JMHO
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    OK, so I'm assuming it does just come straight out.

I'm also thinking that a steel roll pin would be a better replacement than the factory pin.