In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

E O Tech the best 0x optic? me thinks so!

quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
i mounted a E O Tech 512 on my latest ar-15, a stock armilite m-15a4 carbine. to describe it in one word.. AWSOME! it holds its zero when taken of and replaced, ive used it extensively over the last 5 months with two lithium batteries in rain,snow,cold and hot. ive killed two cyotes. a opossum at over two houndred steps. and several rabbits to train my dog with..

as an aside privi partizan 75 grain otm match ammo is deadly accurate to 300m and its pretty cheap.. about 65 to 80 bucks per two houndred from my friendly ffl dealer.. the m-193 from the same maker is far from shabby, clocking 2,900 from a 16" barrel and making nice little clusters at 100 yards.

also the armilite scope mount i got with my rifle is as good as any and better then some.. it keeps zero so close i cant tell at 100 yards using an old busch & lomb 10x40mm scope..

if you have a necked AR, dont leave home without a new E O tech to dress it up and a couple houndred rounds of privi in your mag pouches.

Edit still using privi in that gun, and there has been no major problems after 3,000 rounds...

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    i mounted a E O Tech 512 on my latest ar-15, a stock armilite m-15a4 carbine. to describe it in one word.. AWSOME! it holds its zero when taken of and replaced, ive used it extensively over the last 5 months with two lithium batteries in rain,snow,cold and hot. ive killed two cyotes. a opossum at over two houndred steps. and several rabbits to train my dog with..

as an aside privi partizan 75 grain otm match ammo is deadly accurate to 300m and its pretty cheap.. about 65 to 80 bucks per two houndred from my friendly ffl dealer.. the m-193 from the same maker is far from shabby, clocking 2,900 from a 16" barrel and making nice little clusters at 100 yards.

also the armilite scope mount i got with my rifle is as good as any and better then some.. it keeps zero so close i cant tell at 100 yards using an old busch & lomb 10x40mm scope..

if you have a necked AR, dont leave home without a new E O tech to dress it up and a couple houndred rounds of privi in your mag pouches.

If you want the absolute best optics, and accessory mounts for flat tops, and quad rails, go to www.laruetactical.com. They are pricey, but the VERY best. You will not believe how they lock up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ive already been there and picked some stuff up.. they are little known but probably the best manufacturer of AR scope and laser/light mounts in the us.. god blessED TEXAS!! the buffer tech BGV-46 vertical grip is probably the best on the market.. get one if you dont have one.. 70.00 smalls but well worth it.. [}:)]
  • Options
    shamtasticshamtastic Member Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    used eotech in iraq. good stuff.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    as good as or better than the Isreali Tavor sight? did you get a magnifier? thanks.. you know what for..
  • Options
    shamtasticshamtastic Member Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only ever used that once during my hitch. It was kinda difficult to get a good zero at the standard 25m (maybe cause its mounted to high, I prefer a 200m zero anyway, better for center mass shooting 0-300 or so). I used the M68 Aimpoint and the ACOG extensively too. I prefered the eotech for day to day infantry life. I cant think of any other sight I would want for CQB. I do like the ACOG though...