In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

diamondback 380 ???

abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
OK ,,,
anybody had any of these ? any comments ?
Thanks !!!
d.a.stearns....a.k.a............SKEEZIX
Gunsmith / LEO
Athens , Tn

www.allamericangunshop.com

Comments

• Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got an e-mail from a buddy, he was in the range shooting, the guy next to him had a Diamondback 380 pistol that he had just got back from warranty service because the slide cracked. They put a new slide on the pistol and sent it back to him. He was firing it for the first time since getting it back, fired the first shot, WHAM, the slide fractured into two pieces and both pieces came back and hit him in the face! Lots of blood, but luckily, no serious injuries!
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Thier web site says the slide is a "FEA(FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS)DESIGN. What ever that means.In the specs it says made from (BILLET 4140 THROUGH-HARDENED) Mabe hardned too hard, if they are breaking [?][xx(]
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't shot one. . .don't intend to buy one at this time.

This is my advice: Avoid new-design pistols until they've been out on the market for at least 2 years. That will allow enough time for common problems to surface and common bugs to be worked out.

While I can see the appeal of what is effectively a miniature Glock in .380 to some shooters, with so many other tested-and-working guns out there, why are you going to pay for the privilege of being some new designer's beta-tester?

New-design pistols from previously unheard-of companies? I'd give those even more time to build up a reputation.

Note that even the Kel-Tec 3AT, which was designed by an experienced designer, and is the gun that started the small polymer .380 craze, got a makeover after a few years to fix unreliable ejectors.

DB380_2.jpg
  • Options
    nsbeachnsbeach Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just bought one...... fired about 30 rounds through it-so far so good Nice size and weight - action feels good but I like my wife's Sig P238 Rainbow 380 better although it is $200.00 more expensive.Although I normally like a hammer- I guess the advantage to not having a hammer is the clean draw in a 'Carry' weapon? The hammer is one more think to get hooked.