In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

refinish CZ 82

VettesnDogsVettesnDogs Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hi guys
Please excuse my redundancy, I posted this question once and got 2 or 3 serious responses. But I can not find where I put your responses. Sooo, I am asking again.
I have a few CZ 82s and a couple of them are rough - from a paint perspective. I am going to go with Duracote for a finish.
Sand/Bead blasting will leave the surface to rough. I just had a Corvette painted and the prep work was Soda (baking soda) blast the entire car. The man who soad blasted the Vette said that a ordinary sand blaster, which I own, won't work with soda. Hmmmm???Anyone know about that, or Walnut hulls,ground corn, or????? Perhaps a better way to get the paint off of these CZs. Thanks, Bart

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Harbor Freight sell a lot of the Chinese plastic bead blasters. Plastic beads aren't as abrasive as sand.

Never heard of baking soda blasting, you learn something new every day.

Seeing the Model 82's are ex Czech paramilitary pistols, I personally wouldn't be loosing any sleep on the roughness of their surface if your going to paint it anyway. I could see it if you were going to put a high polish Luger type rust blue finish on it, though. YMMV.
  • Options
    VettesnDogsVettesnDogs Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really want to end up with a surface that is almost good enough to blue. That is what I want to try for anyway.