In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Euroarms "Kentuckian" pistol

DonldDonld Member Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Ask the Experts
Picked up a Euroarms Italia Kentuckian flintlock pistol in .44 cal at a gun show yesterday, and would like to know more about it, including of course if it's worth what I paid, about $80--kind of difficult to put an exact price on it since it was part of a two-gun package. It's in perfect condition, and does look really neat sitting on my mantelpiece However, after tearing it down, I thought the internals, especially the trigger assembly, do look a bit more crude that I would have expected.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a modern repro sold in both assembled and kit form. Being a BP muzzle loader it could be bought through the mail in most non commie locations. You might try the Dixie Gun Works site they use to handle many similar BP guns. Probably didn't get hurt at $80, what can you get for $80 nowadays.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You'll have fun with it. I have a couple of these repro Kentucky pistols. Get some fffg black powder or a modern replacement powder, some .430 (probably)round balls and a can of #11 caps. Start out at around 30 grains of powder and a cloth patched round ball. They are a lot of fun and surprisingly accurate. [:D]