In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sightron SII or Weaver classic

hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking at a new scope for a Ruger 77 Hawkeye in 257 Roberts. I found a near new Sightron SII in 4.5-14 x 42, priced at $250 and also a Weaver Classic in 4-16 x 42 for $245. Wondering what people's choice would be on these 2 choices. Based on retail prices, the Sightron wins, but I'm more interested in which would be the better scope. The rifle is used for deer and coyote hunting, as well as target shooting. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hadjii,

I have the Weaver scope you mention, and a Sightron, but it is the 6.5-20x42. They are both great scopes at a great price, and I would compare them to the Burris FullField II, Nikon Buckmaster, and the Leupold VXII. They both will do what the other one will, and the only thing they are missing is the side focus/parallax adjustment, which I have grown to like. You have a hard choice, indeed, but I would take the Sightron...I think.

Best
  • lpaalplpaalp Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree... I would have a slight preference for the Sightron.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I give the edge to Sightron just because of their warranty