In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt "Match 10"

bnderdndatbnderdndat Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone give me any information on my Colt "Match 10"? I'm the original owner, bought it back in 1983-84 brand new. I've put maybe 100 rounds or less. I believe it's less. I have original box and manual. I know they only made 400. I'm interested in finding out how much it's worth now. I have tried researching it on line, and haven't been able to come up with any figures $$. I haven't been able to find anything in any of the blue books of firearms so far.I'm probably looking in the older books. I also know of the slides cracking on some of them. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bnderdndat,

Hello, and welcome to the forums here on Gunbroker.com.

Sometimes if you go to the auction side, it can be your friend for researching prices, and value of certain model's of firearms...if you can find them there. Being such a limited edition, it can be problematic to find just such a beast, but there is one on the auction side. It has not sold, so the asking price might not be such a good indication of what the market will bear. Here is that auction link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=213832845

I will say, that the market right now is weak on everything, but the auction side would be the best bet to determine it's value, by listing it. Start low, run it for 10 days, with no reserve...the results will be exactly what the market is.

Best
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "value" of many guns can be found by doing an ADVANCED SEARCH on COMPLETED AUCTIONS on the GB auction side of this website.

As Colt has made hundreds of "limited edition" guns over the years, that doesn't necessarily make a gun rare or valuable.

Here's a similar gun that sold for $956:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=206519480

Yours is worth about the same.

Neal