In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Husqvarna Hi-Power 30-06

mikecorleymikecorley Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in Ask the Experts
Just picked up one of these in 90% original condition. Gun has double set trigger and also has what looks like an original leather pouch over the muzzle. I picked it up for 300 and am wondering what it might be worth. I'm a Winchester and Colt guy so I don't know that much about these. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They came in different grades and different models but you sure didn't get hurt at the price you paid. I have handled quite a few of the Husqvarna rifles but don't recall seeing one with the DST. I would think that would be an older one. Pictures will be necessary to get an accurate estimate of the value.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    It sounds like it could have been one of the Tradewinds guns but the double set trigger was not a factory option on any of their models (that I am aware of) so it might have been added somewhere along the line. It is tough to place a value on it without photos because there were a wide range of wood grades as well as features on these rifles, but $300 was certainly a fair price.
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Husqvarnas from the early 1950s back to end of WWII (before Tradewinds became importer) in many cases were made on commercial "large ring" FN actions made in Belgium (I have one, a friend has another). These can be identified several ways. One is by measuring receiver ring to see if it is "large" diameter: 1.410", rather than the 1.300" of bothe earlier & later models. Another is to look at the outer face of the bolt handle root for FN's crouching lion symbol.
  • Options
    vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is/was a web site called gun trader. com that dealt mostly with european made firearms. i was of the impression that the huskys' were a product of sweeden.