In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H&R Topper

wcwiremanwcwireman Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have an H&R Topper with a 357 stainless steel barrel and a 12 ga and 20 ga barrel. The 357 has a scope on it, I know the scope value but am looking for the value of the gun and barrels. Gun is in excellent condition. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WC -
    I'm a long time H&R firearms collector and researcher and I don't have any information on stainless barrels being made. Can you provide the serial number on the receiver?
    This is very interesting information.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    On the barrel, it says H&R 357 Mag. and it has a P in a circle and the model number on the gun is AJ245174. Gun has a recoil pad, I'm sure it came from the factory that way. Also, it has a Bushnell 3x-9x ban (r or f?). Need to learn value as I plan to sell this gun. Thanks.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The barrel's finish appears to be electroless nickel. I suspect that both shotgun barrels are blued. I would sell the gun with the 12 GA shotgun barrel separately from the .357 barrel, and the 20 GA barrel, and sell the scope(Bushnell Banner) separately. You would probably get these amounts:
    12 GA Shotgun: $70
    20 GA barrel: $50
    .357 barrel: $100
    Scope: $30
    Total: $250
  • Options
    hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have basic same gun only in 22-250 dont know value but paid 300 for mine 3 yars ago.I also collect H&R's tks hedge[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Electroless Nickel it is. H&R used that process quite a bit towards 1986.
    'AJ' = 1972 y.o.m. for the receiver.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of my friends e-Mailed me to say that I was too low on the values. He suggested a value of $200 for the rifle with the .357 barrel, and to add $40 each for the shotgun barrels, and $40 for the scope. That would be $320. Sounds reasonable to me.
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    Recently sold an all blue set with 204 Ruger, 410g, & 20ga barrels for $300. So $300. to 325. should be in the ballpark as a set.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you all very much for the information.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're welcome and thanks for thanking.