In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sphinx pistol

gobucksgobucks Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
edited June 2005 in Ask the Experts
A friend of mine picked up a Sphinx in .380 recently. He said it was used but it sure looked new to me. He hasn't shot it yet and doesn't have internet access. I checked around and found their website, they aren't cheap. He got a very good deal from what I gather. I'd never heard of this firearm before.
Anybody know anything about them? Maybe some do's or do not do's with this gun?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are a Swiss gun maker (that probably says most of what you need to know).

The supposedly make a great copy of the CZ-75, but there aren't that many of them floating around, and I must admit that I've never tried one.
  • Options
    gobucksgobucks Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah beantownshootah, As soon as I saw that it was Swiss made I knew it was 2 things; well made and expensive. He got a very good deal on it, less than half of what they go for new, included two boxes of ammo. He got it from some dude who just got divorced. The wife had bought it, he ended up with it and wanted to get rid of it. Wish I could stumble upon something like that.