In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Olympic Arms

divecopdivecop Member Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2006 in Ask the Experts
A friend is considering buying an Olympic Arms AR from Wal-Mart. Does anyone have an opinion as to the quality of their rifles?

Comments

• divecopdivecop Member Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are Olympic Arms ar-15 style weapons any good?
    edited November -1
    I just bought a new Olympic Arms with 16inch heavy barrel, a-2 sights and a-2 stock, man is it a shooter! I had an SP-1 car-15 a couple of years ago, and it was really hard to sight off of the collapsable stock. With the fixed stock it's a piece of cake, and it's still a compact rifle. The price of the Olympic Arms was only $640, and that included the tax. I think this gun is a step above the "plinker" that lists for $589.

Thanks, Grizztribefans@sssnet.com
    edited November -1
    is their AR 15 worth purchasing ? I want a Bushmaster but I see where the OA's are alot cheaper & come with a lifetime warranty, I dont shoot alot but just want something to tinker around with, any help appreciated looking for myself a christmas present.
    edited November -1
    Recently became interested in purchasing a AR type rifle. Received a catalog from bushmaster that was very helpful in providing information and selling their rifles. I have fired and handled a bushmaster and enjoyed it. A co-worker sugested to me to look into olympic arms. Visited their web-site, but was just wondering how they shoot and reputation for their AR rifles.

Remember to Smile!
    edited November -1
    has anyone purchased an olympic arms ar style rifle how good is their quality they seem to have a good warranty as well as a satisfaction warranty as well im thinking of buying an upper reciever for a 7.62x39 to fit on a bushmaster ar 15 or a complete rifle in the same caliber post ban ive been waiting for dpms to make a rifle fpr for 8 months now and still no completion date i just may cancel the dpms rifle thanks hank k
    edited November -1
    I have an Olympic arms AR-15. I put a scope on it and was sighting
    it in at a range. At 100 yds I was putting them in a one inch circle
    and was very impressed and satisfied with the carbine until I fired
    it and it broke apart. In two pieces, it broke where the upper receiver and the barrel meet, behind the retaining ring for the upper
    hand guard. Why would that happen? No fast and furious firing. Using
    a bench with my arm supporting it. Factory ammo. Has anyone else had
    this happen to them?