In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old Ithaca side by side

hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in Ask the Experts
I was hoping that you guys could help me identify this old shotgun. I'm looking for any information on it, including an idea of its value.
Thanks

random295.jpg

random298.jpg

random299.jpg

random300.jpg

random301.jpg

random302.jpg

random303.jpg

random305.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suppose whoever put the notes on the gun stock knew what they were talking about but the barrels do not look like damascus. Close up photos might show the pattern. I thought by 1917 the damascus barrels had gone out of usage.
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a NID(new ithaca double) to me
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If that indeed is a 10 ga. I think there was less than 1000 of those manufactured. If you could post ser.# I can give you alot of info.
  • Options
    PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks more like an Ithaca Flues model to me; the New Ithaca Double had visible cocking indicators. I own a 1910 approx vintage 16 gauge Ithaca Flues that appears identical excepting of course the gauge. I can't see the Damascus figure either in the photos.
  • Options
    hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by we_dig_it
    If that indeed is a 10 ga. I think there was less than 1000 of those manufactured. If you could post ser.# I can give you alot of info.

I'll try to get the serial number for you in the next few days

Thanks
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can ID the model & manufacture date from this website.
    http://www.doublegunshop.com/dgsnos.htm
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    shanegardnershanegardner Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an Ithaca double similar to this one with some differences. The serial number is 274992. It is a 16 gauge. It says it is smokeless powder steel. Any idea what gun this is exactly. I think it is a Flues model from around 1916. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shanegardner
    I have an Ithaca double similar to this one with some differences. The serial number is 274992. It is a 16 gauge. It says it is smokeless powder steel. Any idea what gun this is exactly. I think it is a Flues model from around 1916. Any help would be appreciated.

You are correct, it is a 1916 vintage Flues Model. Now for a few words of caution... it was made back when the standard chamber length for the 16 gauge was only 2-9/16", and when typical chamber pressures were less than 10K psi. The use of modern manufactured 16 gauge shells should be avoided unless the chambers have been lengthened. Additionally, never use steel shot loaded shells.