In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Yep, made in 1908. C&R eligible almost everywhere but our %$#@!@* state. [:(!]
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    To MFI Spider:

Can an 01 FFL ship intrastate (NY to NY) to an unlicensed individual?

Can an unlicensed individual ship intrastate (NY to NY) to an unlicensed individual?

Handguns: buyer goes to county sheriff with the SerNo, make, model, etc. Gets the Okay from the sheriff to place it on his license..then I ship to him via UPS. I then go to my sheriff with the bill of sale, and have it removed from my license...

Long guns: Any restriction at all within NY state? Thanks, Joe

TY Spider! (post immediately below)
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    To MFI Spider:

Can an 01 FFL ship intrastate (NY to NY) to an unlicensed individual?

Can an unlicensed individual ship intrastate (NY to NY) to an unlicensed individual?

Handguns: buyer goes to county sheriff with the SerNo, make, model, etc. Gets the Okay from the sheriff to place it on his license..then I ship to him via UPS. I then go to my sheriff with the bill of sale, and have it removed from my license...

Long guns: Any restriction at all within NY state? Thanks, Joe

Hi, Joe -

Can an 01 FFL ship intrastate (NY to NY) to an unlicensed individual? I would say "no" as an 01 FFL is required to have a completed 4473 done in person by the buyer (antiques excepted);

Can an unlicensed individual ship intrastate (NY to NY) to an unlicensed individual? I didn't see anything in NY State law forbidding the shipment of longarms between individuals and it's acceptable through USPS. However, UPS and FedEx would probably not accept a firearm that was being shipped to a non-licensee. Handguns need to be shipped to a dealer or manufacturer. A pistol permit does not supercede handgun shipping laws. However, in your example, a face-to-face would be legal between permit holders.

MFI may have a different opinion and I welcome his comments.