In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

no name 25 auto

scrane@classicnet.netscrane@classicnet.net Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Ask the Experts
I am looking for information on field stripping a recent purchase. On the left side of the slide it says; Automatic Pistol Cal 635(the 6 is full size lettering, the 3 & the 5 are smaller with the 3 underscored).

On the left side of the frame in a very small font is "made in" over "Spain". The left side of the frame also has a serial number starting with a stamped "D". There are no over markings.

I have figured out how to remove the slide lock pin. The slide moves freely but does not disengage from the frame. So what is the trick to removing the slide from the frame? I am hoping someone has some experience with these little Saturday night specials.

I picked it up at a local estate auction on impulse. This is my first SNS. It needs some serious cleaning, plus I was going to practice my duracoating skills on it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Did you try twisting the barrel and then removing it from the frame? In many cases the barrels on these little pistols are attached by a lug and are rotated to come off and the frame, which allows the slide to be removed.
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To get the barrel to rotate for removal the slide needs to be moved to the rear slightly - just draw it back while twisting the barrel gently (no need for pliers) if it releases let the slide move forward slowly as the recoil spring is under tension - it won't hurt you, but you will be on the floor looking for it.