In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charles Daly 20 Guage question

brute187brute187 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
I am planning on getting my lady a 20 guage Charles Daly pump shotgun (found it for a good price). I was wondering if anyone knew of a company or such that sold barrels for it? The barrel on it is fine but it's a bird barrel. I was thinking I might get a shorter (and legal) barrel for it. My plan is to change the stock and add some extras down the road.
I guess the question to ask here is: Is it even worth investing in this gun?
Thanks for any and all advice.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Just my thought but if you buy a shotgun that you want to change then buy the most popular make and model "12Ga Mossberg or Remington 870 . then you will be able to find parts down the road .if on the other hand you want a gun to shoot and keep it as is then the lesser popular brands may be a good choice. Sort of like 22semi auto rifles the Ruger 10/22 has tons of aftermarket parts but a Weatherby older Mark XXII is a nicer rifle but NO PARTS .
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Charles Daly 12ga about 2 weeks ago. It had a problem right out of the box. Charles Daly is out of business now and no one is providing warranty service on their guns. We finally found a local gunsmith who fixed the problem, but it looks like if any parts break, I may not be able to find replacements.
    Find her a nice Mossberg, Remington, or Winchester.