In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CETME, G-3 magazine width ?

sig-mansig-man Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
What measurement works best on these magazineswhere the lips are on top, min and max demensions from your experience,I have several that dont feed well until about half of the capacity is out...

Comments

• Options
    ranger37ranger37 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what is happening.....? please specify....?

DO RIGHT GUNSMITH, INC.
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    sig-man,

Right off, I think I know where the error is.

G-3 mags will work in a CETME, they just won't work well, it seems that the straight body design of the G-3 mag presents too much pressure against the bolt carrier of the CETME, causing failures to feed. These are G-3 mags-
    jghguns_1036620283_G3_Cetme_10_ea_20round_like_new.jpg
    What I don't know is if CETME mags will work "OK" in a G-3, but, the correct mag for the CETME is a CETME mag. It has a slight curve to the body as seen below-
    Gunrunr_1023316422_Cetme_Mag_Grade_1.jpg

fm_cr.jpgcomp45.gif

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
  • Options
    sig-mansig-man Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Failure to go into battery, or even to strip a case from the mag. Also when rearward movement of bolt occurs ejector rides out of slot and stops bolt fro m going all the way back. The gun has been cleaned spotless and all burs and weld burn-through has been dressed. It also seems that the ejector lever is sloppy and twists around inside the pivot point where it is pinned, pin seems loose.I know I should probably send it back to century arms. What a dissapointment.