In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Astra Model 600-43

CrawdogCrawdog Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a pair of Astra 600-43 pistols and I would like to get some idea what their worth might be. I'm guessing from comparison that they are appproximatley 75-80%. They also have the original flap holsters with spare clip compartments, with the spare clips. And their serial numbers are sequential. I'm assuming this would add to their value if sold as a pair.

Also, can anyone enlighten me as to the stripping procedure on these? They certainly are different from any of my more modern seni-autos. Thanks for the help.

Kick it. Don't kiss it.

Comments

• Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This one was appraised at $650USD. Your pair would be worth about twice that at least. Maybe a bit more due to the S/N's. You may want to give this guy a call and ask. Doubt the appraisal would be free though. http://www.rifletech.com/cgi-local/ap.cgi?itemno=6
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's your disassembly instructions, courtesy of "Marstar"

http://www.marstar.ca/AssemblyAstra.htm

The value of your pistols would depend a lot on when they were made and who they were issued to.
    The first 10,000+ were issued to the W W II Kraut Army and have their ordinance acceptance markings. They would be worth the most.
    After the war a bunch were sold to the West German Police, you won't be able to get as much from these as the W W II issue 600's.
    Apparently the serial numbers were "1 - 10,500" for the Nazi issue pistols, and 10,500 - 60,000 for the postwar pistols? If my references are correct?
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Another item that will substantially influence the price is if they do NOT have importer (CIA,CAI etc) marks on them.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Be very careful when you release the recoil spring. The Astra 400 & 600 are blowback designs and have a very strong recoil spring.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have a 600 that is in the 12xxx serial number range that I purchased about 35 years ago for $28 from of all places, K-Mart. It must be one of the postwar guns as it doesn't have Nazi markings. They are 9x19mm unlike the 400 models.