In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Webley Mk.V

LtlwilliLtlwilli Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
I want to trade or sell a Webley Mk.V , and I cannot find a comparison to place a value on it with. I understand that they were made from 1913--1916. This one has been changed to fire 45acp, and has a 4'' barrel. Bluing is light, but is not bad at all. Lockup is good enough, although there is a little play in SA mode. It is a very good shooter and functions well...The pistol has three possesion markings. Two are crossed out. They are for the Queensland Police, and for Queensland Government. The last one, which is not struck out, is for the Department of Defence...An approximate value would be appreciated.Thanks

In any case, he is -- as usual -- a proper object of compassion, and the bowels of my sympathy are moved toward him.
Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'd like to know an approximate value on a matching Webley Mk.V. It is complete with it's lanyard ring,has a 4" barrel, and is marked to indicate service in Australia, with the Queensland Police, Governmaent, and with the Dept. of Defence...It is in 45acp, and it fires just fine .

In any case, he is -- as usual -- a proper object of compassion, and the bowels of my sympathy are moved toward him.
    Mark Twain
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Do You know who made the Cartridge Conversion...? as I believe that the Austrailian Government did'nt do it.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, but I don't know...Possibly was done by the importer to make them more in line with the American caliber.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    I think that because of the conversion the gun is only gonna be worth $150.00 on a Good day......Its worth $300.00 in original .455 cal.

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff