In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

best lever action 30/30 for lefty

KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
what would yall recommend? I want to get a lever action rifle, but I am left-handed. Some people on here seem to have a strong dislike for Winchesters, but we have never had any trouble out of the Winchester my dad has. My brother has a Marlin but i dont like it. Havent ever liked shooting it. Plus the ejector is on the right and I got tired of having shells and sparks thrown on my arm a long time ago. So the gun either has to eject out the top or left side. and I dont want it to be very long. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I also shoot rifles left handed. I like the older model Winchesters that don't have the side ejection. I also like origonal and replica 1892 Winchesters.
  • Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    I shoot lefty, and have no problem with my Marlin 336. Sounds like your mind is already made up from your comments about Marlin's.[:D]
  • Options
    KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    actually I am not set against having a Marlin. Its just the one that i have shot, I didnt like. I may try to find out what exactly my bros is.
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    I've been shooting Marlins (336 and 444s),Brownings (A5's)
    Winchesters (94) for quite a long time, being a lefty
    all the spent cases/cartridges fly pass my face but never
    had a problem except with an 1100 shooting heavy loads for ducks.
    One day shooting #2's, burning powder got ejected and burnt
    my right cheek, just a few imbedded grains after I showered.
    This only happened once so
    I'm thinking there were other issues involved.
    Purchase the firearm you like and don't be overly concerned
    about being a southpaw.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a lefty the Browning is the best.It has a removable mag. instead of loading on the right side which I think for a lefty is difficult.The do not mfg.a 30/30 that I know of. [:)] [^]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,372 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I am left handed and have been shooting "wrong handed"[:D]rifles all my life. I have dozens of guns and not a lefty in the line up. In fact I don't recall ever even shooting a left handed rifle. I never have had a problem with any of them, even percussion and flint muzzleloaders. Don't think a right handed bullpup design would work out for me very well though.[;)]

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!