In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

stupid question

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
edited November 2006 in Ask the Experts
OK, stupid question: What does the abbreviation mean that I see
with various gun sale descriptions, something like this-’S

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    MOA?? please explain as if i were 5 years old.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was wondering....why are some topics locked? and others not? what does that mean....???

Thanks..from the new guy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if sending co2 pellet/bb gun through mail, does it have to go through an ffl? ive sold and sent a few firearms, never an airgun. i wouldn't think you'd have to, but you never know these days as under some definitions, these could be "firearms" thanks!
    ps-its going to cali if that matters!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm fairly new into firearms, and keep hearing references to the AR 15. I know that several manufacturers make this rifle (or clones of) and have been trying to find some information on them. I keep seeing AR 50, or M15 in the bushmaster website for instance, but no information on the ar 15. Can anyone point me to a good place to get information for this rifle and also what the differences are.Please pardon my ignorance, and thanks in advance.Alex
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Under FEDERAL law- which is what drives the FFL- a pellet gun is NOT a firearm. SOME states are putting limits on possession/ carrying of BB/ Pellet guns. (I guess I missed the rash of drive-by BB'ing on the news) Myself, would make sure the recipient is an adult, and send it to them.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,226 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am pretty sure that New Jersey considers a bb gun to be a firearm. Another likely candidate for a bizarre gun law is Illinois.
  • Options
    PensfanPensfan Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as Missouri is concerned, Black Powder and BB/Pellet guns are NOT firearms. You can send them to an adult with no FFL and no problems.

I would have then send a copy/scan of their Drivers License to prove they are 18+ if this is a sale though.

;)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks. guess its not such a stupid question after all....3 replies and 2 different versions of firearm definition...
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a stupid question at all, as I found out the hard way.

Is this an air rifle or pistol?

The US Postal Service considers anything shot with one hand with whatever propellant to be a "handgun." They do NOT go by BATF definitions. They will not mail a "handgun" by THEIR definition for an American Commoner. Including air pistols.

I spent a good while with a hysterical postal clerk, the supervisor, and finally the postmaster with their big tariff book over sending my LP2 to the only Walther service center in North America. It is in Canada and UPS cannot get even an air gun through Customs, it had to be mailed. But I had to get my FFL to sign for it.

You can mail any long gun by jumping through a few hoops and I suspect the post office will treat an air rifle just like a .600 Nitro.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello either look in Cabela's catalog or call them and ask if they will ship air rifle to the location you going to ship to they have up to date info on where they can ship to
  • Options
    edited November -1
    perry- excellent idea! i'll let you know the outcome....thanks all others!