In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ammo

loyphillipsloyphillips Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited December 2006 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know where to find 9.3x57 ammo?
Not having any luck

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    There seems to be better and much more powerfull ammo today, whe shooting from pistols I notice that almost every brand seems to have a different color when fired? I tried about five different types of 22 mag in my revolver and some were blue-white others were an orange was it the short barrell or what? even some of the same brands were of a different color? as in the Winchester, the Dynapoint and Super X seemed completely different, then in the 38 the Silvertip ammo was a blue white color? on some ballastic tests through some wet phone books there was a big difference in results?????????? Billy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone familiar with StoneHart ammo?
    Good, Bad, or ?
    Thank You
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I recently found an old box of ammo and would like some information on it if possible the box is a wax box and has a date of Dec, 18,1880 and opens with a pull string on the box says 12 revolver ball cartridges Caliber 45 Frankford Arsenal, 1880 also on the box is Intial Velocity 784 fal. the box is in very good condition and am looking for some idea the value, thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can someone tell me what the correct name is of the 12 gauge ammo used by farmers to scare geese off of their fields? I thought the name was Crack R Shot but I can't find that anywhere. And where I can purchase it..
    Thank you
    Harold
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [?]
    I have some 9mm Eagle (I.M.I.) Black tip, FMJ, carbine only, Match Grade ammo. What is this stuff? I do not have a 9mm carbine. What should it be listed as or for?
    NRA
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what is "white box" ammo?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is the difference between a 7.62x39 bullet and a 7.62x54 bullet? Sorry, it's just been bugging me, also, what are the good and bad points about the different types of ammo, such as FMJ and Soft-Point, Hollow Point, Copper Tipped and stuff. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have ammo stored in old military cans.

If I move it into a room where temperature may reach below 32, am I causing a problem?

This will be winter only and maybe 15 to 20 days max.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    can anybody tell me how much 2crates which contain 2 ammo cans marked ball cal..30m2 st. louis ordnance plantlot sl 9749 thank you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What country makes the best Nato spec ammo?

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have some old .22 and shotgun ammo in original boxes I am thinking of selling. Does this have to be done thru licensed agents? Can I advertise it and sell to the public at large ( 18 yrs. and older of course )?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you please tell me if .32 NAA JHP will work in my .32 ACP pistols Thanking you in Advance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a 30-30 marlin and love shooting it. Does anyone know where I can get som CHEAP ammo...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey guys is this ammo any good for the range
    http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122153797
    I just bought a Egyptian Helwin Brigadier Pistol 9mm Beretta 951
    I here ball ammo is prefered or not?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    can you use the new 17h2m in a stock 10-22
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOOKING FOR SOME AMMO FOR A 6.5 IHMSA DONT NOW ANYTHING ABOUT
    MAKING AMMO WOULD LIKE TO BUY SOME READY TO SHOOT. THIS IS FOR A REMINGTON XP 100. IWOULD TRADE THIS OFF ALSO .THIS GUN HAS MYRTLE WOOD . I HAVE SHOT IT 3 TIMES AN ITS A TACK DRIVER.

DAVE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    which is best for 9mm usage, 115jhp,125 jhp,115 round nose does it matter or is it all on the shooters ability to perform?

mostly for personal& HOME defence, then for target practice I ask because of the fact that some say practice with what u use to protect
    self& home.

thanks for the input
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know, is there any differance in the 7.62x39 Lapua ammo being boxed in the Orange Box vs the White box???? Thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me the differance between a 0mm round and a 9mm Luger round? Also, will a 9mm Luger round be compatable with a Berette 92FS 9mm pistol?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any ideas where I can purchase amunition for a Winchester Model 1903 .22 Cal Automatic Rifle. I believe the ammo for this rifle is bigger in diameter than regular .22 ammo. .22 long rifle will split the casing and expand in the chamber and not eject. I have heard that some ammo manufacturers make runs of outdated ammo now and then for sale.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hi guy's !! just checking on some ammo i found at a pretty good price, problem is , i'm looking for 22 mag, and this box of ammo that i found is, as it says on the box ie; coast to coast master mag .22 lr , is this what i'm thinking or is this just long rifle stuff, with a wannabe name,thanks, rusobr2
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it legal to sell ammo as a private party at a gun show? I was given a couple boxes for a caliber I don't have and figured I try and sell it.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have come across a few pieces of ammo that i can't identify. I am no expert so help me out. Here's the description. It is rifle ammo in a brass casing. Stamped on the primer end is W R A 62 and a stamp that resembles a circle with one verticle line and one horzontal line. The primer has a tinge of red on it. the bullet end seems to have red wax in it. Is it a tracer or maybe a blank?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    is it all right to use the russian made ammo with the steel casings in my 1911--its a springfield armory gi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Hopkins & Allen pistol
    Jan 5- Oct 5- '86
    1303 stamped on cylinder and 10/703 on butt
    I believe it to be 32 cal.
    My question; Is ammo still available for this
    item and where it can be purchased?

Thanks for any input
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have 1/2 box of Winchester 9mm shotgun shells, in the box they came in. Both in outstanding condition,25rds. Should I put them on Gun Broker with a reserve.[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am in NY and want to put ads on GB to sell of some of my ammo. I have heard that I can't ship from NY or bring into NY any ammo. Can you please cleify for me??

Thanks
    Jim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone used Silver Bear ammo in their Ar-15. Any opinons or experience with using this ammo will be apprciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where is the cheapest place to buy brass-cased, non-corrosive ammo for my ar-15 chambered in .223. I dont want any steal cased ammo. I also dont plan on reloading this round. I would like to buy half a case or a full case. FMJ or SP. Thanks for your time and help.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In all likelihood, you have a US Military 30-06 blank cartridge. Red paper over the powder.
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I think what you may have is a blank made by Winchester Repeating Arms Co., Bridgeport, CT manufactured in 1962. The circle with the cross is a Nato designation. The cartridge may therefore be a 7.62x51 Nato blank. It could also be a grenade firing blank but compare to the picture below.

7-1.jpg

Regards,

Heavyiron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I have held on to these for five years wondering what they were. Does the 62 stamp mean the date? I am assuming thats where you got the 1962. and now I know what the circle is. Thanks again

quote:Originally posted by heavyiron
    Hi,

I think what you may have is a blank made by Winchester Repeating Arms Co., Bridgeport, CT manufactured in 1962. The circle with the cross is a Nato designation. The cartridge may therefore be a 7.62x51 Nato blank. It could also be a grenade firing blank but compare to the picture below.

7-1.jpg

Regards,

Heavyiron
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    loyphillips - yes, the "62" is the two digit date code for 1962. The US military doesn't concern itself with the four digits because "86" will be on either copper-cased .45-70 ammo or brass cased 5.56x45 / 7.62x51. If the ones you have feature the faux "bullet" seen in the photo, it is a standard blank (the "bullet" was added to improve feeding / chambering in full auto mode). If it lacks the "bullet," it is likely a grenade blank.